Sunday, March 14, 2010

Erin Go Braugh

I missed a week, last weekend's plans were foiled by the unwelcome visit of a stomach bug that took down all of us one by one. We are all doing much better now, and the kids are outside enjoying the beautiful nearly 60*F weather here in Mid March. Its a bit early for temps this warm but I am not complaining. This weekend we are celebrating my only through marriage Irish heratige. My Step-Grandmother (former stepmother's mom) is 100% Irish and with a heart more generous that any pot of gold. My son and I however, do have fair enough skin to pass for Irish, his is translucent, pale and smooth as cream. The corned beef is in the slow cooker as I type along with apples, onions, and parsinps. I will be adding boiled potatoes to the menu and must shortly sign off to make soda bread. I making an only symbolic St. Patricks day dessert, chocolate and mint brownies. We will also make some cut out shamrocks and I bought a few decorations for the table. We haven't tried real corned beef before, the machine pressed lunch meat doesn't count. Now off to bake and cake with my kids, I also need to bake my son's birthday cake today.

No comments:

Post a Comment