Sunday, February 21, 2010

Geese are intimidating even plucked and trussed

It's Sunday, Narnia is magically near to our family room. If only the goose cooked by magic. DH is watching the Calli race while actually sleeping, I didn't sleep much last night I ended up not feeling great last night but Andyboy and I went to see The Lightning Thief yesterday afternoon. It was a fun movie especially with a bit of foreknowledge about mythology. I spent the ride home explaining the mythical connections to the HP stories, like the hellhounds, cerbreus the 3 headed dog, Fluffy in HP&SC. Hermes and Hermionie, its fun to watch your childs face light up in the ahha moment when the connection of understaning is made. Now, I have to start draping the room in 'tapestries' throw blankets and go bake a pound cake and prepare hazelnut stuffing, I coudn't find chestnuts. By the by, I saw a picture of a roast goose from japan that was roasted whole head, bill and all. it did Not look appetizing and I am somehow now afriad of a dead ready to roast goose, but maybe not quite as afraid as I was confronted by my grandparents live geese who were mean biting buggers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment