Saturday, February 27, 2010

Oh say can you say?

I still cannot pronounce the greek word for thyme honey dumplings but I can make them. The supper turned out very well. the herb and tomato soup was well recived by all and my DH very kindly grilled the meat and potatoes for me that I had so painstakinly prepared. The pork chops were marinaded to perfection and the dessert was very, very sticky thanks to the honey. Right now I am watching our Lexie kitty slurping up the small bowl of my daughter's soup I haven't cleared away yet. I still need to go run the dishwasher we only cleaned up halfway after supper to watch the Olympics. The ice dancing exhibition was beautiful, the silver medal winners from the US were fun to watch, he skated in jeans and a white blouse very Cowboy Casual. Although if you live where i do clean jeans and a shirt with buttons is nearly formal wear. The skater who won gold for male single skater did his in a skateware styled like a tux and was breathtaking to watch. Tomorrow I am staying home with my kids without Daddy, he is going with his Dad to a toy auction to look for collectable green toy tractors. I am proud to say that I found and gave my FIL the jewel of his collection, a gold NIB tractor that was a special show edition limited production. My husband recently introduced him to the joys of ebay where I find all the tractors we have given him and they have been on a John Deere toy spree. Thats ok, I still have an entertainment center in the master bedroom full of Harry Potter stuff including toys I will not let out of the boxes. I also have gathered a modest collection of Precious Moments, all of which I am proud to say I have never spent more than $8 for. I buy nearly all my PM stuff at second hand stores. I also have this other thing, I collect vintage wedding cake toppers. Perhaps its because me, now an experienced caker had a very, very modest wedding cake that cost under $100 because it was a sheet cake with a small heart on top. It suited our homespun wedding very well (MIL and I made my veil and I did all the flowers, most of the food and our venue cost a whoppping $50) but I know have an interesting assortment of cake toppers including some traditional, some sweet and some quirky. I have one that are a kwepie set from the 20's the groom isn't wearing any pants but full tails and a top hat. Wow, sorry tmi? Anyway I don't begrude the hobby auction and the kids and I are going to make cupcakes and enjoy a quiet day at home. in the words of the immortal tigger TTFN ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment